Hyderabad, Oct 5 (IANS) Telangana's Covid tally on Monday breached the two lakh-mark to reach 2,00,611 with 1,335 new positive cases, even as 2,176 recoveries were reported.
For the third consecutive day, Telangana has registered cases less than 2,000.
Hyderabad has accounted for the highest number of cases, 262, followed by Rangareddy district (137), Medchal Malkajgiri (91), Karimnagar (83), Nalgonda (72) and Sangareddy (69) among others.
In the past 24 hours, eight patients succumbed to the virus.
As many as 2,176 patients recovered from the virus, increasing the total number of recoveries to 1.72 lakh.
Telangana's Covid fatality rate currently stands at 1.5 per cent, while the recovery rate is at an impressive 84.1 per cent.
During the last 24 hours, 36,348 more tests took the cumulative total to 32.4 lakh.
Seventeen government-run and 44 private laboratories and 1,076 Rapid Antigen test centres are conducting the tests.
According to a media bulletin from the Public Health and Family Welfare office, of the 36,348 samples tested during the last 24 hours, 15,993 were primary and 4,362 secondary.
Samples tested per million population ratio improved further to 87,092. The daily testing target for the state is 5,600 per day as compared with the World Health Organisation's benchmark of 140 per million per day.
Of the two lakh cases, 70 per cent (1.4 lakh) were asymptomatic and the remaining 30 per cent (60,183) symptomatic.
The data shows that 64.13 per cent corona patients are in the age group of 21-50 and 22.76 above 51. Those below 20 years account for 13.13 per cent cases.
Officials said that 61.28 per cent patients were male and remaining 38.72 per cent females.
Of the two lakh cases, active cases stand at 27,052.